Proparco and Quadria Capital are investing in Lablink, one of Malaysia’s biggest hospital operators
- Proparco‘s first investment in Malaysia is part of a US$30 million financing drive by Quadria Capital invest in healthcare. One subsequent investment will help the company Lablink grow and develop its regional operations. Lablink is a wholly-owned subsidiary of KPJ, one of Malaysia’s biggest hospital operators, and it already has 25 laboratories throughout the country. It provides services ranging from diagnoses of existing pathologies to prevention.
- Mediterrania Capital Partners has agreed to acquire a minority stake in Groupe COFINA, a meso-finance institution with operations in West and Central Africa. The stake will enable COFINA to raise up to €50 million in equity and debt over the next three years.
- CDC, the UK’s development finance institution, has announced a US$39 million loan to Tè Power Company S.A.S.U., to construct a 50 Megawatt thermal power plant in Conakry, the capital city of Guinea. The finance will provide much needed baseload power to a country which experiences regular power cuts and where only 28 percent of the population have access to electricity.
- Alta Semper Capital is backing Health Plus Limited, one of West Africa’s larger pharmacy retailers with fresh equity of US$18 million to expand its retail footprint in the region.
- For its latest investment, the Sahel Capital-managed Fund for Agricultural Finance in Nigeria or FAFIN is backing Coscharis Farms, a Nigerian Conglomerate that works across several sectors of the Nigerian economy.
- Branch International, developers of one of Africa’s leading mobile loan apps, has raised US$70 million in Series B financing from a group of investors led by Trinity Ventures. The funds will be used to expand the developer’s reach in additional African countries.
- Dutch development bank FMO is the lead arranger of a US$65 million long-term loan facility to Tiryaki Agro, a leading processor of agricultural products in Turkey. FMO is funding US$30 million of the facility while the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) and Proparco, the private sector financing arm of the Agence Française de Développement (AFD) group, are providing US$20 million and US$15 million respectively.
- Nigerian-based Terragon Group, an African mobile marketing company, has closed a US$5 million funding deal led by Africa-focused TLcom Capital to scale up internet connectivity on the continent and to develop its proprietary marketing technology to provide African brands with wider outreach to customers.
- Endeavor Energy’s Tè Power has reached financial close on a US$121 million 50 Megawatt greenfield thermal power plant project in Conakry, Guinea.